“Respect” is the core to the belief system at Axeno, which results in creating an environment which encourages collaboration, creativity, and problem-solving.
At Axeno Consulting, we have a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); as we firmly believe that organisational performance and innovations cannot be achieved without it.
As a CHRO, I am convinced that the only way to deliver exceptional experience to our people, clients and community is by welcoming diverse perspectives, experiences, and ideas to the table. Our commitment to DEI has led us to take several steps to foster a more inclusive workplace culture.
Diversity of ethnicity, ability, gender, sexual orientation and beyond—has helped strengthen Axeno time and again.
Companies like ours, that our diverse, equitable and inclusive, are better poised to respond to challenges, meet the needs of different clients and attract top talent.
‘Diversity’ in particular refers to who is represented in the workforce. Few of the examples that I can think of which are applicable for us:
- Gender Diversity i.e. composition of men, women and nonbinary people : we respect everyone equally be it at the time of hiring, project allocations, travel plans or dispute resolutions. Also, during our talent hunt, as a process, we keep a special eye for picking up talent from diverse zones so that we can have a good mix of perspectives.
- Ethnic Diversity where people share different cultural traditions and backgrounds – it is so much fun to celebrate and ask our team members for a treat in lieu for celebrations on account of Eid, Diwali, Christmas, Pongal, Baisakhi, Onam, Navratri , Gurupurab….. The vivid and vivacious festivals of India depict the greatness of our Indian culture. We celebrate many such festivals at Axeno, with much enthusiasm and pomp & show.
- Age Diversity i.e. people in a group from mostly one generation or do we have diversity here? The answer for us is very simple. Age range (approximately) for Axeno as of today is 21 years till 52 years and during most of our discussions we get a fantastic mix of experience and new age ideas.
‘Equity’ for us refers to fair and equal treatment for everyone (employees, vendors, partners, clients) related to Axeno. Our defined policies, practices and people behaviour ensure identity is not predictive of opportunities or any outcomes. Be it picking up insurance benefits or launching any new benefits or schemes @ Axeno we ensure that we do all keeping in our EQUITY perspective in mind.
‘Inclusion’ - With lot of pride, I would say that at Axeno, we have taken these steps to ensure our actions to ensure “Inclusivity” :
- Our leadership team talks and encourages each other to work towards unconscious bias and active listening.
- We have seen cabins getting converted beautifully into a pious prayer room for few minutes for employees to have the privacy to practice respective religions.
- We sometimes call it ‘Chai pe Charcha’ or ‘Axeno Lounge’, reaching out to our ‘Hall of Justice’ etc… where we encourage our employees to create various employee groups / forums that can give them safe spaces to get together and talk about common interests, be it in regards to ‘Women hygiene’; ‘Parenting’, ‘LGBTQ’ or ‘Safe or specific geography based accommodations’ … the list in endless and our intent remains same i.e. to ensure INCLUSION in all sense!
At Axeno, we are very proudly committed to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion both within the organization and in our communities. I strongly urge every employee and specially the HR team and leadership to proactively communicate the need for DEI initiatives, foster empathy among employees by building awareness about social inequity and invite all employees to play a greater role in advancing DEI